On the basis of our corporate ethics (PORR Code of Ethics) and corporate values (PORR Spirits), the compliance organisation is tasked with implementing internal guidelines (e.g. anti-corruption guidelines) to ensure behaviour that conforms to the law as well as adherence to the Austrian Code of Corporate Governance through the Compliance Management System (PORR CMS).
Here the cooperation between the internal audit, HR and legal departments as well as Group management is a significant factor in guaranteeing the effectiveness of the compliance organisation. Furthermore, as a listed company PORR AG upholds all of the provisions of the Stock Exchange Act and the Market Abuse Regulation (“MAR”) valid in the EU since 3 July 2016. This represents a significant part of the compliance function and organisation.
- A Compliance Management System (handbook)
- Issuer Compliance Guidelines
- Guidelines to prevent corrupt behaviour
- Other guidelines addressing issues such as antitrust law, checking contracts and business partners, preventing illegal employment of foreigners and social dumping, as well preventing money laundering and financing terrorism,
- An array of other guidelines and work instructions for purchasing, hospitality, donations, bookkeeping etc.
- A new whistleblower system in acc. with MAR Art. 32
- Multi-year training plans for Group employees
All of the compliance guidelines are documented in the IMS and are available in German, English, Polish, Czech, Hungarian and Romanian.
The Compliance Management System is constantly monitored through risk analyses, evaluations and internal audits. Any transgressions are sanctioned and often serve as starting points for improving the system itself.
In 2016/17 PORR has amended its Compliance Management System to comply with the requirements of national and international standards, namely ISO 19600 Compliance Management Systems (international standard), ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Management Systems (new international standard) and ONR 192050 Compliance Management Systems (Austrian standard) and has also held certification for these ISO and ONR standards from the Austrian standards institute “AUSTRIAN STANDARDS” since November 2017. This means that PORR is the first listed Austrian construction company to conform to these high standards regarding compliance, quality and anti-corruption.